The library is seeking candidates to interview for the Bookmobile/Outreach Coordinator Position.
DESCRIPTION OF HOURS:
This is a part-time position (24 up to 32 hours per week).The weekly schedule of this position changes seasonally. The coordinator is supervised by the Library Director.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Coordinator will provide exemplary customer service to all library patrons. He or She represents the library in the community, independently drives and operates the bookmobile and facilitates the delivery of library materials and information to school children, teachers and homebound patrons. He or She also coordinates the maintenance of the library’s vehicles, book sales and works at the main library when outreach duties are not scheduled.
- Works independently on a day-to-day basis, striving to meet assigned goals and objectives
- Schedule bookmobile stops.
- Drives the bookmobile to specified locations according to the predetermined schedule.
- Greets and assists patrons, employing effective customer service skills.
- Performs general circulation routines as appropriate: check-in, check-out, and renewal of materials.
- Processes applications for and issues new Library cards for bookmobile/outreach patrons.
- Assists bookmobile patrons in locating library materials.
- Keeps interior of the library’s vehicles clean and orderly.
- Ensures the bookmobile in good working order by performing daily inspections, refueling the vehicle on a regular basis, and report any mechanical issues to the Director. Does the same for the library’s other vehicle as needed.
- Assists with the rotation of bookmobile inventory.
- Sorts, shelves, and files various library materials accurately according to library classifications systems (alphabetic, numeric, and alphanumeric).
- Plans, implements, and evaluates the outreach programs of the library.
- Respects the confidentiality of library users and records.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalency.
- Must possess a valid Ohio Drivers’ License.
- Must have a clean driving record-no accidents or other major driving violations. (Must be willing to sign BMV Form # 5008 allowing the library to retrieve a three-year driving record from the BMV).
- Ability to safely operate library vehicles.
- Ability to effectively promote the services and mission of the library.
- Ability to read, follow and understand maps.
- Ability to effectively manage vehicular emergencies.
- Ability to understand basic mechanical systems of the library’s vehicles.
- Ability to shelve and access materials in close quarters.
- Must be able to learn and follow library procedures and library computer system.
- Must possess or learn excellent customer service skills – customer service experience preferred.
- Capacity to understand and follow written and oral directions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the public.
- Knowledge of modern office equipment and software preferred.
- Ability to adapt to new technology.
- Candidates must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Clarity of speech and hearing which permits the employee to communicate effectively with the director, other employees and library patrons.
- Vision which permits the employee to not only drive library vehicles safely, but also produce and review a wide variety of library materials, written correspondence, reports and related materials in both electronic and hard copy form.
- Manual dexterity which permits the employee to operate a keyboard and any other assigned equipment to process library materials.
- Personal mobility which permits the employee to monitor and perform assigned library operations, and to attend Library district, community, and public meetings at various locations.
- Lift up to 40 pounds, push and pull carts weighing up to 200 pounds, bend, stoop and reach shelving from floor level to 6 feet high, and stand or walk for at least 1 hour at a time.
- Carry up to 40 pounds up and down stairs.
- Tolerance for dust and mold which permits the employee to work with books and other library materials as well as work in older buildings.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume via Ohio Means Jobs at: http://jobseeker.ohiomeansjobs.monster.com/jobview/GetJob.aspx?JobId=226153815&wdjobid=4800161650&sq=pg%3d1%26sid%3d68%26rad%3d20%26rad_units%3dmiles%26q%3dbookmobile&saved=false
Paper resumes and applications will not be accepted.